Hearing to be held on Thomson prison plan
December 21, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A state hearing on the plan to move suspected terrorists to Illinois will be held on Tuesday.
About 50 people are scheduled to testify before the Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability about the conversion of the Thomson Correctional Center.
Those in favor of the plan say it will help create hundreds of job in the area which is about 150 miles west of Chicago.
Opponents are concerned about safety in the northwest Illinois community if 100 terror suspects are housed there.
The hearing will be held in Sterling, Illinois which is just outside of Thomson.
thomson correctional center, local
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 57 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
32 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
38 min ago