Baby beluga born on Sunday dies
December 22, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Shedd Aquarium says the beluga whale calf born Sunday afternoon to 20-year-old Naya has passed away.
The Shedd became concerned since the calf continued to be disoriented in his swimming and still had not reached two critical milestones.
The animal autopsy revealed no conclusive cause of death, but further tests will be conducted over the coming months.
Also last week, another beluga, Puiji gave birth to a male calf which continues to progress on a healthy path.
shedd aquarium, local
Also SeePhotos:Shedd welcomes baby beluga whale
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 12 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Schaumburg couple injured in Oklahoma tornado 30 min ago
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68 24 min ago
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 15 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison 6 min ago
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
20 min ago
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos