Billy Goat Tavern celebrates 75 years
December 26, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- "Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger!"
The classic shout filled the legendary Billy Goat Tavern as usual on Saturday, as the restaurant's famous fare was prepared for diners.
Saturday was a very special day in the North Michigan Avenue tavern.
Governor Pat Quinn came to present a state proclamation to proprietor Sam Sianis and the Sianis family.
It declared Saturday - Billy Goat Tavern Day in llinois, in honor of the legendary restaurant's 75th anniversary.
The Billy Goat became known worldwide when the late Chicago comedian and actor John Belushi spoofed it on television during a Saturday Night Live skit.
pat quinn, local
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout