Billy Goat Tavern celebrates 75 years
December 26, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- "Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger!"
The classic shout filled the legendary Billy Goat Tavern as usual on Saturday, as the restaurant's famous fare was prepared for diners.
Saturday was a very special day in the North Michigan Avenue tavern.
Governor Pat Quinn came to present a state proclamation to proprietor Sam Sianis and the Sianis family.
It declared Saturday - Billy Goat Tavern Day in llinois, in honor of the legendary restaurant's 75th anniversary.
The Billy Goat became known worldwide when the late Chicago comedian and actor John Belushi spoofed it on television during a Saturday Night Live skit.
pat quinn, local
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 4 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos