Des Plaines family sets up 11,000 lights
December 27, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Des Plaines family is using 11,000 lights to spread a little hope during the holidays.
The Gajewski family says this is the first year they've put up such elaborate decorations. They even set the lights to music.
They said they felt the community could use a little holiday cheer. A lot of people have stopped by, so the family thinks their plan is working.
Next year, the Gajewskis hope to use their lights display as a way to collect food for those in need.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 18 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos