Des Plaines family sets up 11,000 lights
December 27, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Des Plaines family is using 11,000 lights to spread a little hope during the holidays.
The Gajewski family says this is the first year they've put up such elaborate decorations. They even set the lights to music.
They said they felt the community could use a little holiday cheer. A lot of people have stopped by, so the family thinks their plan is working.
Next year, the Gajewskis hope to use their lights display as a way to collect food for those in need.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 25 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos