One-of-a-kind group performs Polish music
December 27, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The one-of-a kind Lira Ensemble performed a holiday concert Sunday at Chicago's Orchestra Hall.
The Lira is the only professional performing arts company in the U.S. that specializes in Polish music, song and dance.
The show featured popular holiday music as well as the works of several Polish composers.
The lira's new conductor, Ruth Lin, led Sunday's performance.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 33 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 31 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout