City Warming Centers
January 6, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- A Warming Center is a heated facility where Chicagoans can go to find safe refuge from extreme cold weather.
The Chicago Department of Human Services operates six Warming Centers during the winter months. Additional facilities are opened as needed in libraries, Park District buildings, schools and other community venues.
Call 3-1-1 to locate a Warming Center in your area.
Garfield Human Services Center
10 S. Kedzie
North Area Human Services Center
4740 N. Sheridan Rd.
Trina Davila Human Services Center
4345 W. Armitage Ave.
Englewood Human Services Center
845 W. 69th St.
King Human Services Center
4314 S. Cottage Grove
South Chicago Human
8759 S. Commercial Ave.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos