City Warming Centers
(CHICAGO) -- A Warming Center is a heated facility where Chicagoans can go to find safe refuge from extreme cold weather.
The Chicago Department of Human Services operates six Warming Centers during the winter months. Additional facilities are opened as needed in libraries, Park District buildings, schools and other community venues.
Call 3-1-1 to locate a Warming Center in your area and to check on hours of operation.
Garfield Human Services Center
10 S. Kedzie
North Area Human Services Center
4740 N. Sheridan Rd.
Trina Davila Human Services Center
4345 W. Armitage Ave.
Englewood Human Services Center
1140 W. 79th St.
King Human Services Center
4314 S. Cottage Grove
South Chicago Human
8650 S. Commercial Ave.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend 52 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held 53 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27 46 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through the...
52 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open,...
53 min ago