Firefighter recovering after collapsing
January 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firefighter is recovering after collapsing at the scene of a fire on the city's North Side.
He was battling a fire on the 12th floor of a high rise building at 3950 North Lake Shore Drive Tuesday morning.
His identity hasn't been released but ABC7 has learned he's 50 years old and has been with the department for 30 years. Doctors believe he had a heart attack.
The fire was contained to one unit and may have been caused by a faulty microwave.
No residents were injured but the building had to be ventilated because of smoke.
building fire, local
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 48 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 16 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 52 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
51 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
48 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
16 min ago