Firefighter recovering after collapsing
January 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firefighter is recovering after collapsing at the scene of a fire on the city's North Side.
He was battling a fire on the 12th floor of a high rise building at 3950 North Lake Shore Drive Tuesday morning.
His identity hasn't been released but ABC7 has learned he's 50 years old and has been with the department for 30 years. Doctors believe he had a heart attack.
The fire was contained to one unit and may have been caused by a faulty microwave.
No residents were injured but the building had to be ventilated because of smoke.
building fire, local
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 3 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 8 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
3 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
30 min ago