Maggie Daley resting at home after hospital visit
January 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's first lady, who is battling cancer, is resting at home after being taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital on Tuesday for flu-like symptoms, according to a Daley spokeswoman.
Mayor Richard Daley canceled at least two public appearances to be with his wife. Maggie Daley, 66, began feeling ill Tuesday, according to Daley spokeswoman Jacquelyn Heard.
Heard went on to say that Maggie was experiencing flu-like symptoms and called the trip to the hospital "precautionary."
Daley's doctor found she was dehydrated and told reporters her sickness could be related to the drugs she's taking in her most recent battle with bone cancer- or it could have been something she ate.
Maggie Daley, 66, was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in June 2002. Last month, she was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in her right leg. She is still undergoing treatment for that.
Last month the mayor got emotional as he talked about his wife's courageous battle with cancer.
"Maggie is very kind and tough person. She comes from a strong family. Her mother died when she was younger and she survived in helping her family and helped our family as well," said Daley.
maggie daley, local
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 57 min ago
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
24 min ago