CTA helps to prepare workers for layoffs
January 13, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA began hosting workshops Wednesday for employees scheduled for layoffs.
More than 1,000 employees are scheduled for layoffs next month.
The workshops provide information and resources for obtaining job interviews, training, health benefits and unemployment compensation.
Other services including faxing, copying, telephone and internet services for job access are being provided.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 29 min ago
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway due to weather 13 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 38 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 36 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 15 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 28 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school...
36 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
29 min ago
- Kellie Pickler, Derek Hough win 'DWTS;'...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos