Rev. Jesse Jackson to travel to Haiti
January 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rainbow Push Coalition President Jesse Jackson will travel with doctors and nurses to Haiti.
Rev. Jackson isn't sure when he will go. Saturday, the reverend was joined by some members of another medical group which is headed to Haiti on Tuesday.
Rev. Jackson appealed for contributions and asked drug companies to donate medicine.
jesse jackson, local
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake