Report: Target considering State Street store
January 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Target may be considering a move into a historic building in the Loop.
Crain's Chicago Business is reporting that the retail space at State and Madison, once occupied by Carson Pirie Scott, may soon be home to a Target store.
A spokesperson for the firm which owns the building says Target may be close to signing a lease.
The retailer is reportedly looking to occupy about 80,000 square feet on no more than two floors at a downtown or River North site.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary 20 min ago
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction 9 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77