$28 million, green school opens
January 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A special ceremony was held to dedicate a new state-of-the-art Catholic high school on Chicago's West Side.
A processional took place Monday morning at Christ the King College Prep School in the Austin neighborhood.
Officials are calling it the first Catholic high school to be built on the city's West Side in 85-years. The new 100-square foot green facility cost $28-million.
Among the hundreds in attendance were Governor Pat Quinn and Illinois Senator Dick Durbin.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour 32 min ago
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault 26 min ago
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more 57 min ago
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death 51 min ago
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77