$28 million, green school opens
January 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A special ceremony was held to dedicate a new state-of-the-art Catholic high school on Chicago's West Side.
A processional took place Monday morning at Christ the King College Prep School in the Austin neighborhood.
Officials are calling it the first Catholic high school to be built on the city's West Side in 85-years. The new 100-square foot green facility cost $28-million.
Among the hundreds in attendance were Governor Pat Quinn and Illinois Senator Dick Durbin.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 27 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
32 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
27 min ago