School canceled in Kankakee as strike looms
January 18, 2010 (WLS) -- Students in Kankakee School District 111 will have another day off Tuesday as the teachers there walk the picket line.
Administrators and the union failed to reach an agreement during their 14th negotiating session last Friday.
A tentative agreement on a new contract was reached in December but later rejected by the rank-and-file.
At this point, no talks are planned.
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st rush hour test 15 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave 50 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
55 min ago
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos