School canceled in Kankakee as strike looms
January 18, 2010 (WLS) -- Students in Kankakee School District 111 will have another day off Tuesday as the teachers there walk the picket line.
Administrators and the union failed to reach an agreement during their 14th negotiating session last Friday.
A tentative agreement on a new contract was reached in December but later rejected by the rank-and-file.
At this point, no talks are planned.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 40 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 55 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77