Strike cancels school Wed. in Kankakee district
January 19, 2010 (WLS) -- There will be no classes again Wednesday for students of Kankakee School District 111 because of a teachers strike.
Talks with a federal mediator broke off after four hours Tuesday, and so far, no new talks have been scheduled.
Union members walked picket lines Tuesday after rejecting a tentative agreement last month.
The strike affects more than 5,000 students.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos