Strike cancels school Wed. in Kankakee district
January 19, 2010 (WLS) -- There will be no classes again Wednesday for students of Kankakee School District 111 because of a teachers strike.
Talks with a federal mediator broke off after four hours Tuesday, and so far, no new talks have been scheduled.
Union members walked picket lines Tuesday after rejecting a tentative agreement last month.
The strike affects more than 5,000 students.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos