Strike cancels school Wed. in Kankakee district
January 19, 2010 (WLS) -- There will be no classes again Wednesday for students of Kankakee School District 111 because of a teachers strike.
Talks with a federal mediator broke off after four hours Tuesday, and so far, no new talks have been scheduled.
Union members walked picket lines Tuesday after rejecting a tentative agreement last month.
The strike affects more than 5,000 students.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 50 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos