Strike cancels school Wed. in Kankakee district
January 20, 2010 (WLS) -- There will be no classes again Wednesday for students of Kankakee School District 111 because of a teachers strike.
Talks with a federal mediator broke off after four hours Tuesday, and so far, no new talks have been scheduled.
Union members walked picket lines Tuesday after rejecting a tentative agreement last month.
The strike affects more than 5,000 students.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 50 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos