Tentative agreement in Kankakee teachers' strike
January 19, 2010 (WLS) -- Kankakee School District 111 announced Thursday that the Board of Education and teachers on strike have reached a tentative agreement on their contract.
Negotiations began Thursday morning at the Kankakee Public Library.
Kankakee School District 111 schools will be closed on Friday, January 22. According to the district, the teachers will meet on January 22 to vote on the tentative agreement. If they ratify the agreement, schools will re-open on Monday, January 25.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 55 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 16 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton 56 min ago
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- 7 in 77