Pres. Obama summoned for jury duty
January 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama has a busy week ahead, but one thing he won't be doing is appearing for jury duty in suburban Bridgeview, Ill.
The court sent a summons to the president's South Side home. He was asked to appear for duty beginning Monday.
However, a White House official said the president has alerted the court that he won't be able to make it.
Instead, he might be working on his State of the Union address, which he delivers Wednesday.
barack obama, local
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 21 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 38 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 28 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos