Pres. Obama summoned for jury duty
January 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama has a busy week ahead, but one thing he won't be doing is appearing for jury duty in suburban Bridgeview, Ill.
The court sent a summons to the president's South Side home. He was asked to appear for duty beginning Monday.
However, a White House official said the president has alerted the court that he won't be able to make it.
Instead, he might be working on his State of the Union address, which he delivers Wednesday.
barack obama, local
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 22 min ago
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway due to weather 6 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 31 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 29 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 8 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 21 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
22 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos