Designer Maria Pinto closing retail shop
February 15, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago designer behind some of Michelle Obama's high-profile fashion picks is closing up shop.
Maria Pinto has dressed the first lady along with Oprah Winfrey and other Chicago socialites.
The Michelle Obama favorite says she's ending her business operations and closing up her retail boutique on Jefferson Street because of "increasing economic challenges."
Pinto launched her namesake line in 1991 and opened up her first shop in 2004.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas