Vandals cover Art Institute wall with graffiti
February 23, 2010 (WLS) -- Chicago police have studied surveillance tape after vandals covered a wall with 50 feet of graffiti at the Art Institute.
Crews spent Monday sandblasting the graffiti from the east wall of the new Modern Wing. They'll continue the cleanup Tuesday.
A museum spokesperson says about five people painted the graffiti, and the entire incident was caught on tape.
art institute of chicago, local
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 55 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 46 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 54 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
24 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos