Abbate accused of violating probation
February 26, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former Chicago Police officer convicted of beating a woman in a bar is charged with violating his probation.
Anthony Abbate allegedly failed a drug test, testing positive for opiates.
In June , Abbate was convicted of beating a female bartender and received probation.
Drug testing is one of the conditions of his probation. if a judge finds that Abbate violated it, prosecutors could ask the judge to resentence the former cop to up to five years in prison.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 26 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 32 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 6 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 37 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
40 min ago