Abbate accused of violating probation
February 26, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former Chicago Police officer convicted of beating a woman in a bar is charged with violating his probation.
Anthony Abbate allegedly failed a drug test, testing positive for opiates.
In June , Abbate was convicted of beating a female bartender and received probation.
Drug testing is one of the conditions of his probation. if a judge finds that Abbate violated it, prosecutors could ask the judge to resentence the former cop to up to five years in prison.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot