Harry Caray's Tavern on Navy Pier opens
March 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sports fans now have a new place to gather at Navy Pier with the opening Monday of Harry Caray's Tavern.
Caray's widow Dutchie played hostess to friends of the beloved baseball announcer who showed up early Monday morning. They celebrated the opening and toasted Caray on what would have been his 96th birthday.
Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, was among the sports legends meeting fans.
The center piece of the restaurant is Harry's museum featuring autographed jerseys, bats, balls and other Chicago sports memorabilia.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 32 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
32 min ago