Harry Caray's Tavern on Navy Pier opens
March 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sports fans now have a new place to gather at Navy Pier with the opening Monday of Harry Caray's Tavern.
Caray's widow Dutchie played hostess to friends of the beloved baseball announcer who showed up early Monday morning. They celebrated the opening and toasted Caray on what would have been his 96th birthday.
Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, was among the sports legends meeting fans.
The center piece of the restaurant is Harry's museum featuring autographed jerseys, bats, balls and other Chicago sports memorabilia.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 59 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game