Mayor Daley: Maggie is 'feeling better'
March 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Daley says Chicago's first lady is feeling better after Friday's surgery related to her battle with cancer.
Doctors inserted a rod into Maggie Daley's right leg to relieve pain and reduce the risk of fracture. They say there's no evidence that a tumor in her leg has grown or spread to other parts of her body.
On Monday, Mayor Daley had a message from his wife.
"She reminds people that there are other people out there that need not only our prayers but also the help and assistance is really important because it's a serious illness," said Mayor Daley.Aides to the mayor tell ABC7 Mrs. Daley is expected to remain in the hospital for several days for follow-up treatment.
maggie daley, local
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
4 min ago