Wheaton to hire company to control coyotes
March 8, 2010 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The city of Wheaton has decided to hire a company to control coyotes.
The western suburb has had an influx of coyotes the last couple years. In late January, a small dog was so badly injured from a coyote attack it had to be put down.
Some residents are passionately against any control plan that would kill coyotes. Others argue something needs to be done to protect small children and pets.
The company will start by assessing the coyote population and then removing diseased and aggressive coyotes.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
13 min ago