Wheaton to hire company to control coyotes
March 8, 2010 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The city of Wheaton has decided to hire a company to control coyotes.
The western suburb has had an influx of coyotes the last couple years. In late January, a small dog was so badly injured from a coyote attack it had to be put down.
Some residents are passionately against any control plan that would kill coyotes. Others argue something needs to be done to protect small children and pets.
The company will start by assessing the coyote population and then removing diseased and aggressive coyotes.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 49 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 4 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 31 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
4 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos