Maggie Daley out of hospital after surgery
March 11, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's first lady Maggie Daley is out of the hospital and back home after having surgery on her leg.
Last Friday, doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital placed a titanium rod in Daley's right leg.
Mrs. Daley was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2002. Last year, doctors found a bone tumor in her right leg and she underwent radiation treatment.
Doctors say the rod should ease Mrs. Daley's pain and lower her risk for injury.
maggie daley, local
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area