Warm welcome home for Oak Lawn Marine
March 20, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A young Marine back from serving in Iraq received a happy homecoming Saturday.
Corporal Tiffany Szubrych, 20, was greeted by members of the Warriors Watch Riders in Oak Lawn. They escorted her to a 'welcome home' party at her family's home.
Szubrych served as a machine gunner and aerial observer during her time in Iraq.
The corporal will be home for two weeks before going back to California's Camp Pendleton.
She has been told she may redeploy to Afghanistan sometime next year.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 5 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win 19 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich.
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 59 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
5 min ago