Maggie Daley attends After School Matters showcase
March 24, 2010 (FORD HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Chicago's first lady, Maggie Daley, made her first public appearance Wednesday night since undergoing surgery related to her cancer.
Students welcomed her back at the annual After School Matters citywide showcase at the Chicago Theatre.
Mrs. Daley was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2002. Earlier this month doctors placed a metal rod in her leg to help strengthen it after cancer treatments weakened the bone.
Mayor Daley has said his wife is now in rehab.
maggie daley, local
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 23 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77