Couple still sought after Vernon Hills murder
April 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Vernon Hills police are still investigating a deadly beating as they continue to search for a missing couple in relation to the case.
Daniel Baker, 21, and his girlfriend, 20-year-old Kristina Aksman, have not been seen since Aksman's mother, Marina Aksman, 50, was found beaten to death in her home Thursday.
Baker's mother tells the Chicago Tribune that she has not seen her or heard from her son. She reportedly filed a missing persons report on her son Saturday night.
Police call Baker a "person of interest" and Kristina Aksman "missing and endangered" because of her physical and mental disabilities.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos