Couple sought in Vernon Hills murder found
April 7, 2010 (WLS) -- Two people wanted in connection to the murder of a Vernon Hills woman have been picked up by police in Montana.
Daniel R. Baker and Kristina Aksman are wanted for questioning in the death of Kristina's mother, Marina Aksman, 50, who was found dead in her home last week. Her car was missing.
An officer spotted Aksman's 2009 Nissan Rogue with Illinois license plates speeding on Route 2 in Montana. When the deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, according to the press release, a chase ensued.
Officials stopped the vehicle, and Baker, who was driving, and Aksman were taken into custody.
Baker has been charged in connection to the traffic violation, including speeding, resisting arrest, eluding an officer and driving under the influence. He is being held in Montana pending a resolution of those charges and extradition to Illinois.
Aksman is considered a material witness and remains in protective custody in Montana.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 10 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 54 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
10 min ago