Couple sought in Vernon Hills murder found
April 7, 2010 (WLS) -- Two people wanted in connection to the murder of a Vernon Hills woman have been picked up by police in Montana.
Daniel R. Baker and Kristina Aksman are wanted for questioning in the death of Kristina's mother, Marina Aksman, 50, who was found dead in her home last week. Her car was missing.
An officer spotted Aksman's 2009 Nissan Rogue with Illinois license plates speeding on Route 2 in Montana. When the deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, according to the press release, a chase ensued.
Officials stopped the vehicle, and Baker, who was driving, and Aksman were taken into custody.
Baker has been charged in connection to the traffic violation, including speeding, resisting arrest, eluding an officer and driving under the influence. He is being held in Montana pending a resolution of those charges and extradition to Illinois.
Aksman is considered a material witness and remains in protective custody in Montana.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 48 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds