Pfleger apologizes for comments on marriage, priests
April 15, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fr. Michael Pfleger apologized Thursday for recent remarks he made condoning marriage for priests and allowing females into the priesthood.
Fr. Pfleger made the remarks while preaching on Sunday.
The comments appeared online including video tape on YouTube.
In a written apology posted on the archdiocese Web site Thursday, Fr. Pfleger said he respects and follows the teachings of the Catholic Church and his comments failed to do that.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation