Holocaust museum celebrates anniversary
April 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Illinois Holocaust Museum and education center.
A variety of events are being held to mark the milestone.
The museum invited guests to hear lectures Sunday from Holocaust survivors and a family story hour.
Monday, the museum will have extended hours and free admission all day. Another series of lectures also will be held.
Visitor attendance at the museum reached 100,000 last week.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship