Holocaust museum celebrates anniversary
April 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Illinois Holocaust Museum and education center.
A variety of events are being held to mark the milestone.
The museum invited guests to hear lectures Sunday from Holocaust survivors and a family story hour.
Monday, the museum will have extended hours and free admission all day. Another series of lectures also will be held.
Visitor attendance at the museum reached 100,000 last week.
- Protesters removed from CPS board meeting 6 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row