Holocaust museum celebrates anniversary
April 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Illinois Holocaust Museum and education center.
A variety of events are being held to mark the milestone.
The museum invited guests to hear lectures Sunday from Holocaust survivors and a family story hour.
Monday, the museum will have extended hours and free admission all day. Another series of lectures also will be held.
Visitor attendance at the museum reached 100,000 last week.
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 14 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago