Earth Day in Chicago
April 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Celebrate Earth Day's 40th anniversary with fun, educational and fit events.
5K for Earth Day
Saturday, April 24th at 8 a.m. along Humboldt Park and Logan Square. Registration fee for runners and walkers is $30 and $35 the day of the event. Fees for children ages 11 to 17 are $20 and children under 10 are free.
Scout Seasonal Workshop
The Scout Seasonal Workshop will be held April 24, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chicago Botanical Garden. This event is great for kids! The event will include a scavenger hunt, craft projects and other hands-on activities. Tickets for the event are $12.
Green fitness boot camp by Body Revolution uses urban resources- like playgrounds and park benches- as exercise tools. The cool down for the end of each session is 10 minutes of picking up recyclable trash. PHOTOS: Check out the workout
On April 22nd from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. come celebrate Earth Day with the Chicago Climate Action Plan team - City of Chicago, Global Philanthropy Partnership and Civic Consulting Alliance. Cheer on the Earth Day Video Competition winners as they are announced. Visit booths to learn about what Chicago organizations and businesses are doing to fight climate change.
Lincoln Park Zoo's Science Celebration
Apr 22, 2010
Lincoln Park Zoo celebrates Earth Day with their sixth annual Science Celebration. This event is free!
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...