Earth Day in Chicago
April 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Celebrate Earth Day's 40th anniversary with fun, educational and fit events.
5K for Earth Day
Saturday, April 24th at 8 a.m. along Humboldt Park and Logan Square. Registration fee for runners and walkers is $30 and $35 the day of the event. Fees for children ages 11 to 17 are $20 and children under 10 are free.
Scout Seasonal Workshop
The Scout Seasonal Workshop will be held April 24, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chicago Botanical Garden. This event is great for kids! The event will include a scavenger hunt, craft projects and other hands-on activities. Tickets for the event are $12.
Green fitness boot camp by Body Revolution uses urban resources- like playgrounds and park benches- as exercise tools. The cool down for the end of each session is 10 minutes of picking up recyclable trash. PHOTOS: Check out the workout
On April 22nd from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. come celebrate Earth Day with the Chicago Climate Action Plan team - City of Chicago, Global Philanthropy Partnership and Civic Consulting Alliance. Cheer on the Earth Day Video Competition winners as they are announced. Visit booths to learn about what Chicago organizations and businesses are doing to fight climate change.
Lincoln Park Zoo's Science Celebration
Apr 22, 2010
Lincoln Park Zoo celebrates Earth Day with their sixth annual Science Celebration. This event is free!
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 42 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77