Daley says his wife is 'doing much better'
April 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Daley offered a generally upbeat report Saturday on his wife, Maggie Daley, who is fighting cancer.
"She's doing much better. She has a fracture, as you know. That's very serious because she can't move her leg. But she's exercising part of it, and all that, which is really important," Mayor Daley.
Daley spoke during the 18th annual National Rebuilding Day. He praised thousands of volunteers for improving 75 homes in Chicago and the suburbs.
It was a special day for Chicago's six-term mayor. Ald. Emma Mitts led a musical tribute for Daley's 68th birthday.
Daley joked that he feels like he is 38.
maggie daley, local
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos