Daley says his wife is 'doing much better'
April 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Daley offered a generally upbeat report Saturday on his wife, Maggie Daley, who is fighting cancer.
"She's doing much better. She has a fracture, as you know. That's very serious because she can't move her leg. But she's exercising part of it, and all that, which is really important," Mayor Daley.
Daley spoke during the 18th annual National Rebuilding Day. He praised thousands of volunteers for improving 75 homes in Chicago and the suburbs.
It was a special day for Chicago's six-term mayor. Ald. Emma Mitts led a musical tribute for Daley's 68th birthday.
Daley joked that he feels like he is 38.
maggie daley, local
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 35 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 34 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 17 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 7 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
32 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
35 min ago