Daley says his wife is 'doing much better'
April 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Daley offered a generally upbeat report Saturday on his wife, Maggie Daley, who is fighting cancer.
"She's doing much better. She has a fracture, as you know. That's very serious because she can't move her leg. But she's exercising part of it, and all that, which is really important," Mayor Daley.
Daley spoke during the 18th annual National Rebuilding Day. He praised thousands of volunteers for improving 75 homes in Chicago and the suburbs.
It was a special day for Chicago's six-term mayor. Ald. Emma Mitts led a musical tribute for Daley's 68th birthday.
Daley joked that he feels like he is 38.
maggie daley, local
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs 20 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 30 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
20 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos