Residents pass out flyers after Bucktown attack
April 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Volunteers handed out flyers Saturday and urged people in Chicago's Bucktown neighborhood to be on alert after two women were attacked by a man with a baseball bat.
That attack happened along the 1800-block of North Damen Avenue around 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Police say the suspect stole the victims' purses after approaching them from behind and hitting them in the head with the bat.
Natasha McShane, 23, remained in critical condition Saturday night and 24-year-old Stacy Jurich was in serious condition.
McShane is an exchange student attending graduate school at UIC.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 56 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 26 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 19 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 46 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
26 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
39 min ago