More than 700 take part in local Special Olympics
Apr. 25, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More than 700 athletes competed Sunday in the Special Olympics Spring Games.
A group of police officers from across the Chicago area carried the flame of hope into the stadium at North Central College.
The athletes competed in track and field as well as power lifting events.
They came from seven northeastern Illinois counties.
The gold medalists are eligible to compete in the state games this June at Illinois State University.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 30 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 4 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 17 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 40 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
4 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
13 min ago