$1M bond for female suspect in Bucktown bat attack
April 29, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The woman whose friend is accused of attacking two women with a baseball bat was in court Wednesday.
Prosecutors said 25-year-old Marcy Cruz is "just as culpable and as guilty" for every swing of the bat. She's charged with aggravated battery and armed robbery. She reportedly pointed out potential victims to Heriberto Viramontes after he said he needed money and drugs.
Investigators say he attacked Natasha McShane and Stacy Jurich as they walked home early Friday morning.
Prosecutors said McShane is in a drug-induced coma and may never walk or speak again. Jurich needed 15 staples to her head.
A judge set bond at $1 million for Cruz.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 43 min ago