Witnesses: Man fatally shot relatives, himself
May 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A shooting on Chicago's West Side Sunday has left three people dead and a neighborhood in shock.
Witnesses say a 72-year-old man shot and killed two of his relatives during an argument, then turned the gun on himself.
The incident happened at approximately 11:45 a.m. in the 1700-block of West Erie.
The gunman has been identified as Arturo Bahena. The victims are 42-year-old Rodolfo Bahena and 44-year-old Romeo Bahena.
Family members were distraught to arrive at the scene and learn what happened.
Neighbors say the relatives had been arguing about selling the house, but they never saw signs of that type of violence.
"He looked stable. He looked nice and clean. He looks clean. He looks normal. Just, I know they have a difference with the house," said neighbor Eloisa Morena.
The alleged gunman and one of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The third victim died a short time later at Northwestern Memorial hospital.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates