Witnesses: Man fatally shot relatives, himself
May 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A shooting on Chicago's West Side Sunday has left three people dead and a neighborhood in shock.
Witnesses say a 72-year-old man shot and killed two of his relatives during an argument, then turned the gun on himself.
The incident happened at approximately 11:45 a.m. in the 1700-block of West Erie.
The gunman has been identified as Arturo Bahena. The victims are 42-year-old Rodolfo Bahena and 44-year-old Romeo Bahena.
Family members were distraught to arrive at the scene and learn what happened.
Neighbors say the relatives had been arguing about selling the house, but they never saw signs of that type of violence.
"He looked stable. He looked nice and clean. He looks clean. He looks normal. Just, I know they have a difference with the house," said neighbor Eloisa Morena.
The alleged gunman and one of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The third victim died a short time later at Northwestern Memorial hospital.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 20 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 3 min ago
- Mariola Zapalski wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 5 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake