School sends care packages to Haiti
May 7, 2010 (LINDENHURST) (WLS) -- A minister from Haiti paid a visit to some students in the northern suburbs to thank them for sending help to Haitian children who were devastated by the earthquake.
Since January, children at the Lindenhurst Early Childhood Center have been putting together more than 150 boxes filled with items for kids in Haiti.
They call them "love packs." The pastor expressed his gratitude for their generosity.
"We needed to show love to these children of Haiti. We needed to show them that no matter what happened to them, they can have hope again," said Jephthe Lucien, pastor from Haiti.
The pastor also spent time in their classroom and told the students how happy the children in Haiti will be when they open the care packages.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 3 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 21 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 57 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 38 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 8 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 16 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- 7 in :77
23 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
57 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos