Concert benefits U.S. troops
May 7, 2010 (WLS) -- Actor Gary Sinise took part in an Operation Support Our Troops event in west suburban Warrenville.
Sinise was at Navistar's headquarters for a cookout that kicks off ticket sales for his annual Rockin' the Troops concert.
Organizers say the shows have raised nearly $2 million. The money pays for care packages to send to troops.
"The gesture of what this means says so much to our soldiers in the field because they know that people back home remember them," said Sinise.
The Rockin' the Troops concert that features the Lt. Dan Band will be held July 17th at Cantigny Park.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 3 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- Derrick Rose No. 3 in NBA Jersey sales 24 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
3 min ago