Foreign ambassadors visit Chicago
May 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four dozen foreign ambassadors are in the midst of a visit to Chicago.
A welcoming dinner was held Wednesday at the Art Institute of Chicago.
It was hosted by the United States chief of protocol, Ambassador Capricia Penavic Marshall.
Governor Pat Quinn and Mayor Richard M. Daley were on hand.
The goal of the trip is to give the ambassadors a better understanding of America's people, culture and institutions.
art institute of chicago, local
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 22 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 47 min ago
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North 45 min ago
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes 59 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 15 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 26 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 28 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays 37 min ago
- Report: R. Kelly mansion in Olympia Fields purchased
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
47 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
15 min ago
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in...
45 min ago