Foreign ambassadors visit Chicago
May 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four dozen foreign ambassadors are in the midst of a visit to Chicago.
A welcoming dinner was held Wednesday at the Art Institute of Chicago.
It was hosted by the United States chief of protocol, Ambassador Capricia Penavic Marshall.
Governor Pat Quinn and Mayor Richard M. Daley were on hand.
The goal of the trip is to give the ambassadors a better understanding of America's people, culture and institutions.
art institute of chicago, local
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 2 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
33 min ago
- Let's Dish: Colcannon
19 min ago