Suburb to name street for Obama
May 14, 2010 (CALUMET PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- There will soon be an "Obama Drive" in suburban Calumet Park.
The village board voted unanimously to rename a stretch of 127th street between Winchester Avenue and Carpenter Street. The new street signs will go up August 21.
The south suburb is apparently the first in the country to honor the president with his own street.
President Obama represented Calumet Park when he was a state senator.
barack obama, local
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 44 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 30 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster 29 min ago
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Russia, Crimean politicians discuss referendum 16 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire 3 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
44 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
30 min ago