Suburb to name street for Obama
May 14, 2010 (CALUMET PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- There will soon be an "Obama Drive" in suburban Calumet Park.
The village board voted unanimously to rename a stretch of 127th street between Winchester Avenue and Carpenter Street. The new street signs will go up August 21.
The south suburb is apparently the first in the country to honor the president with his own street.
President Obama represented Calumet Park when he was a state senator.
barack obama, local
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 17 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth 36 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
17 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for...
36 min ago