Injured Chicago-area veterans honored
May 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago-area military veterans got a tribute Tuesday as part of a national program of remembrance.
The wounded vets received a silver star banner during a ceremony this morning at the county building.
Board President Todd Stroger and commissioners made the special presentations.
Those honored included veterans of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam.
The presentation was part of a national program sponsored by Silver Star Families of America. The organization was formed in 2004 to honor the sacrifice of wounded and ill soldiers.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 7 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin 25 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- London attack could be act of terrorism 43 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos