First family headed home for holiday
May 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and their daughters will spend the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.
The Obamas will arrive on Thursday. On Monday, President Obama will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.
The Obamas have a home in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood.
While the first family is in Chicago, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, will participate in Memorial Day events in Washington, D.C. They will host a breakfast for Gold Star families at the White House on Monday and then participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
obama family, local
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant