First family headed home for holiday
May 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and their daughters will spend the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.
The Obamas will arrive on Thursday. On Monday, President Obama will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.
The Obamas have a home in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood.
While the first family is in Chicago, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, will participate in Memorial Day events in Washington, D.C. They will host a breakfast for Gold Star families at the White House on Monday and then participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
obama family, local
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
15 min ago