First family headed home for holiday
May 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle and their daughters will spend the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.
The Obamas will arrive on Thursday. On Monday, President Obama will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.
The Obamas have a home in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood.
While the first family is in Chicago, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, will participate in Memorial Day events in Washington, D.C. They will host a breakfast for Gold Star families at the White House on Monday and then participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
obama family, local
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos