Dolton twins charged with human trafficking
May 26, 2010 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Seventeen-year-old twin brothers have been charged with human trafficking in the south suburbs.
Police say Myrelle and Tyrelle Lockett of Dolton forced teenage girls to have sex with strangers.
Investigators say at least one of the girls was beaten, and the brothers collected all of the cash proceeds.
The investigation started when Cook County sheriff's detectives responded to an ad on Backpage, a website that sells merchandise and seeks services.
The two face several other felony charges as well.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos