Dolton twins charged with human trafficking
May 26, 2010 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Seventeen-year-old twin brothers have been charged with human trafficking in the south suburbs.
Police say Myrelle and Tyrelle Lockett of Dolton forced teenage girls to have sex with strangers.
Investigators say at least one of the girls was beaten, and the brothers collected all of the cash proceeds.
The investigation started when Cook County sheriff's detectives responded to an ad on Backpage, a website that sells merchandise and seeks services.
The two face several other felony charges as well.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune aired at 2:05 a.m. 15 min ago
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area