ABC7 morning team bets Philly TV team
May 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The morning show teams from the ABC stations in Philadelphia and Chicago decided to make a friendly NHL Finals wager.
You may have heard about mayors betting famous items from their cities when their pro teams make the finals. So with Chicago and Philly facing off in the finals beginning Saturday, we're doing just that.
If the Blackhawks win the cup, the WPVI-TV morning team of Matt O'Donnell, Tamala Edwards, David Murphy and Karen Rogers will send our morning team cheese steaks and soft pretzels. On Friday, the 'PVI morning team showed off a pretzel shaped like a zero.
"This represents a zero, which is how many Stanley Cups the Blackhawks have won since 1961," said Murphy, the show's meteorologist. "It is also how many goals Michael Leighton let in in Games 1, 2 and 4 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Montréal."
"We have the best food, but we also have the better team, so go, 'hawks!" said Butler, ABC7's meteorologist.
Show your hawks spirit!
chicago blackhawks, local
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 7 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 4 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 47 min ago
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos