ABC7 morning team bets Philly TV team
May 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The morning show teams from the ABC stations in Philadelphia and Chicago decided to make a friendly NHL Finals wager.
You may have heard about mayors betting famous items from their cities when their pro teams make the finals. So with Chicago and Philly facing off in the finals beginning Saturday, we're doing just that.
If the Blackhawks win the cup, the WPVI-TV morning team of Matt O'Donnell, Tamala Edwards, David Murphy and Karen Rogers will send our morning team cheese steaks and soft pretzels. On Friday, the 'PVI morning team showed off a pretzel shaped like a zero.
"This represents a zero, which is how many Stanley Cups the Blackhawks have won since 1961," said Murphy, the show's meteorologist. "It is also how many goals Michael Leighton let in in Games 1, 2 and 4 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Montréal."
"We have the best food, but we also have the better team, so go, 'hawks!" said Butler, ABC7's meteorologist.
Show your hawks spirit!
chicago blackhawks, local
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court 22 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 16 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos