ABC7 morning team bets Philly TV team
May 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The morning show teams from the ABC stations in Philadelphia and Chicago decided to make a friendly NHL Finals wager.
You may have heard about mayors betting famous items from their cities when their pro teams make the finals. So with Chicago and Philly facing off in the finals beginning Saturday, we're doing just that.
If the Blackhawks win the cup, the WPVI-TV morning team of Matt O'Donnell, Tamala Edwards, David Murphy and Karen Rogers will send our morning team cheese steaks and soft pretzels. On Friday, the 'PVI morning team showed off a pretzel shaped like a zero.
"This represents a zero, which is how many Stanley Cups the Blackhawks have won since 1961," said Murphy, the show's meteorologist. "It is also how many goals Michael Leighton let in in Games 1, 2 and 4 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Montréal."
"We have the best food, but we also have the better team, so go, 'hawks!" said Butler, ABC7's meteorologist.
Show your hawks spirit!
chicago blackhawks, local
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 59 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77