ABC7 morning team bets Philly TV team
May 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The morning show teams from the ABC stations in Philadelphia and Chicago decided to make a friendly NHL Finals wager.
You may have heard about mayors betting famous items from their cities when their pro teams make the finals. So with Chicago and Philly facing off in the finals beginning Saturday, we're doing just that.
If the Blackhawks win the cup, the WPVI-TV morning team of Matt O'Donnell, Tamala Edwards, David Murphy and Karen Rogers will send our morning team cheese steaks and soft pretzels. On Friday, the 'PVI morning team showed off a pretzel shaped like a zero.
"This represents a zero, which is how many Stanley Cups the Blackhawks have won since 1961," said Murphy, the show's meteorologist. "It is also how many goals Michael Leighton let in in Games 1, 2 and 4 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Montréal."
"We have the best food, but we also have the better team, so go, 'hawks!" said Butler, ABC7's meteorologist.
Show your hawks spirit!
chicago blackhawks, local
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 21 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 54 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 48 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77