Carol Stream man designs horn for Blackhawks game
June 8, 2010 (CAROL STREAM, Ill.) (WLS) -- You may want to bring ear plugs if you will be anywhere near Carol Stream during the Blackhawks game Wednesday night. Rich Young has designed a horn like the one at the United Center that he will sound when the 'hawks score.
Young got his horn off a diesel locomotive and hooked it up to an air compressor. So it's extremely loud but so far no one is complaining.
"All the neighbors who are 'hawks fans generally are encouraged they all come out and cheer. Anyone who hasn't liked it hasn't said anything," said Young.
Meanwhile, Young's 6-year-old daughter Olivia is starting to resemble a hockey player after losing several teeth in the past week.
You will find much more about Young and his horn in Wednesday's Daily Herald.
chicago blackhawks, local
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 18 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos