Wirtz family hosts special Hawks celebration
June 11, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Blackhawks players and owner Rocky Wirtz's family gathered for another party after the public celebration Friday.
One block east of the rally was the site of the next setting of Blackhawks palooza, as a massive gathering for team owner Rocky Wirtz's friends and employees got under way.
Charged by the electricity of the guest of honor, the celebration was nearly too much for the Wirtz family matriarch, Alice Wirtz. Such goodwill was on display Friday for the team her husband was accused of mismanaging.
"We wanted it more than anything in life. He loved the fans," she said. "He's looking down, and he's happy."
The sleep-deprived Stanley Cup champions emerged with looks of bemusement and tried to take it all in.
When asked what his father would say about all the Hawks' victory and celebration, Brian Campbell said, "Amazing."
The party's host and the boss had to fend off well-wishers as he explained exclusively to ABC7 his motivation for offering up a big thank you.
"This shows how much they connected over the young team and the organization, and the fans came out and realize this team is special," Rocky Wirtz said.
local, ravi baichwal
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Mark Giangreco's post-game interviews with Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos