Wirtz family hosts special Hawks celebration
June 11, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Blackhawks players and owner Rocky Wirtz's family gathered for another party after the public celebration Friday.
One block east of the rally was the site of the next setting of Blackhawks palooza, as a massive gathering for team owner Rocky Wirtz's friends and employees got under way.
Charged by the electricity of the guest of honor, the celebration was nearly too much for the Wirtz family matriarch, Alice Wirtz. Such goodwill was on display Friday for the team her husband was accused of mismanaging.
"We wanted it more than anything in life. He loved the fans," she said. "He's looking down, and he's happy."
The sleep-deprived Stanley Cup champions emerged with looks of bemusement and tried to take it all in.
When asked what his father would say about all the Hawks' victory and celebration, Brian Campbell said, "Amazing."
The party's host and the boss had to fend off well-wishers as he explained exclusively to ABC7 his motivation for offering up a big thank you.
"This shows how much they connected over the young team and the organization, and the fans came out and realize this team is special," Rocky Wirtz said.
local, ravi baichwal
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Mark Giangreco's post-game interviews with Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos