Guilty plea in death of NW Indiana toddler
June 21, 2010 (PORTAGE, Ind.) (WLS) -- One of the two people charged in connection with the death of Portage, Indiana, toddler Jada Justice entered a guilty plea Monday.
Timothy Tkachik pleaded guilty to two counts of neglect of a dependent.
The state agreed to drop murder and battery charges and misdemeanor false informing.
Tkachik agreed to cooperate with prosecutors and testify against his girlfriend Engelica Castillo. She is the cousin of Justice and is accused of beating the toddler.
Police say both were babysitting Justice for several days last year when the girl was killed.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 37 min ago