Amusement tax may boost Brookfield Zoo admission
June 25, 2010 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- If a new tax is approved, visitors to Brookfield Zoo may soon have to dig a little deeper in their wallets.
The Brookfield Village Board is planning to discuss implementation of an amusement tax at its next meeting, which is this Monday. The amount of tax is not yet clear.
if the tax passes, it would include new charges for zoo memberships, admissions and would likely include food and beverages sold there.
The zoo is urging people to attend the meeting at the Brookfield Village Hall to show their opposition to the proposed tax.
brookfield zoo, local
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 5 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 23 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 14 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
1 min ago