Solar cars cross finish line in Naperville
17 solar cars raced 1200 miles from Oklahoma to the finish line in west suburban Naperville Saturday afternoon.
The team from the University of Michigan came in first place.
The race began last Sunday.
This was the 20th year for the American Solar Challenge's tour of the Midwest.
Teams from Northwestern, Illinois State and universities as far away as Germany were among the competitors.
The cars will be on display outside the Museum of Science and Industry Sunday.
museum of science and industry, local
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 27 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 17 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 17 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 4 min ago
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos