Solar cars cross finish line in Naperville
17 solar cars raced 1200 miles from Oklahoma to the finish line in west suburban Naperville Saturday afternoon.
The team from the University of Michigan came in first place.
The race began last Sunday.
This was the 20th year for the American Solar Challenge's tour of the Midwest.
Teams from Northwestern, Illinois State and universities as far away as Germany were among the competitors.
The cars will be on display outside the Museum of Science and Industry Sunday.
museum of science and industry, local
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 55 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 35 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77