Solar cars cross finish line in Naperville
17 solar cars raced 1200 miles from Oklahoma to the finish line in west suburban Naperville Saturday afternoon.
The team from the University of Michigan came in first place.
The race began last Sunday.
This was the 20th year for the American Solar Challenge's tour of the Midwest.
Teams from Northwestern, Illinois State and universities as far away as Germany were among the competitors.
The cars will be on display outside the Museum of Science and Industry Sunday.
museum of science and industry, local
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Female in critical condition after Skyway crash 24 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2 22 min ago
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins 5 min ago
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Female in critical condition after Skyway...
24 min ago