Solar cars cross finish line in Naperville
17 solar cars raced 1200 miles from Oklahoma to the finish line in west suburban Naperville Saturday afternoon.
The team from the University of Michigan came in first place.
The race began last Sunday.
This was the 20th year for the American Solar Challenge's tour of the Midwest.
Teams from Northwestern, Illinois State and universities as far away as Germany were among the competitors.
The cars will be on display outside the Museum of Science and Industry Sunday.
museum of science and industry, local
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits