Statement by Jennifer Loudon, wife of Officer Thor Soderberg
"I am terribly devastated. I know many of you want to help. Here is what you can do. If you have the opportunity to do something and change someone's life for the better, do it.
"Start by taking care of every child. Thor and I knew that each young person needs five important adults and one strong adult to provide a positive influence in their lives. In his honor, please use a kind word, a smile - as much as you can give to help someone in need. Every one of us can do a tremendous amount of good to impact a child, even one that isn't ours.
"It was critically important to Thor and I that we were 'that' person for other children, including many from the Englewood community."
The family of Officer Soderberg has established The Thor Soderberg Fund - Connecting Youth with Nature for those wishing to honor his memory. The fund can be found online at the Chicago Community Trust's website, www.cct.org.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack 36 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 39 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 24 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos