Statement by Jennifer Loudon, wife of Officer Thor Soderberg
"I am terribly devastated. I know many of you want to help. Here is what you can do. If you have the opportunity to do something and change someone's life for the better, do it.
"Start by taking care of every child. Thor and I knew that each young person needs five important adults and one strong adult to provide a positive influence in their lives. In his honor, please use a kind word, a smile - as much as you can give to help someone in need. Every one of us can do a tremendous amount of good to impact a child, even one that isn't ours.
"It was critically important to Thor and I that we were 'that' person for other children, including many from the Englewood community."
The family of Officer Soderberg has established The Thor Soderberg Fund - Connecting Youth with Nature for those wishing to honor his memory. The fund can be found online at the Chicago Community Trust's website, www.cct.org.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 50 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 6 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
50 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with...
6 min ago